Beautifully appointed room with big king bed, lounge and bathroom. No view of the lake, but had a lovely view of the mountain ranges. Great friendly service and really obliging. Amazing breakfast at Wakatipu Grill included in the bed rate - one of the best breakfast offerings I have encountered. Make your own fresh juice with juicer, cereals, bircher muesli, fresh fruit, poached fruit, croissants, fresh baked bread, muffins, hot breakfast.. everything you need! Great pizza's and good pub atmosphere at Stacks Pub. The Lake Counter has beautiful looking macaroons (!) on display plus other gourmet goodies. The setting is amazing - right on the lake, and water taxi's run into Queenstown on the hour which are pretty well priced ($15 return for adult). Only downside of this place is that it's a $40 taxi into town, but if you're looking for a quiet place away from the buzz of Queenstown, this is the place.
- Also Known As:
- Kawarau Hotel, Managed By Hilton Hotel
- Kawarau Hotel, Managed By Hilton Hotel Queenstown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a hotel where exuberant design meets breathtaking natural beauty; a hotel that celebrates all the excitement and adventure of one of the world’s best-loved playgrounds. Discover Queenstown’s new Kawarau Hotel, managed by Hilton. With views over a landscape renowned for its intense beauty, the hotel is just 15 minutes from Queenstown by land or 8 minutes by water taxi. Kawarau Hotel, managed by Hilton. Make it your own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Kawarau Hotel, managed by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.