I stayed at Clarion Suites Gateway with my wife and baby for 3 nights while attending a conference at the casino. I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor on 1 bedroom apartments and the reviews of the hotel were promising.
Check-in was great: Oliver was fantastic! He brought our bags up to the room, and explained the heating system and breakfast. We booked a Queen 1 bedroom suite with breakfast and requested a quiet room and a cot (free). We were given a room on the 10th floor (1011) with a king bed and the cot already set up. Previous reviews mentioned double glazing in the bedroom. Our room didn't have this and you could hear the traffic outside but it didn't worry me at all (and I'm a light sleeper). The pillows weren't great but I have should have checked them before I went to bed on the first night because as soon as I asked the next day if there were others the lovely Assistant Manager Vivianna sent up two feather pillows straight away.
The bedroom had a TV, phone and wardrobe while the main room had a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, dining table, writing table, couch and huge TV. Friends came to eat in the room on our last night and this was nice as it meant we didn't have to go out again with the baby. There is a 24hr Coles 5 minutes away while Bourke St, Flinders St and Spencer St Stations are 5-10 mins walk.
We tried to use the washing machine but it was like trying to fly the A380 airbus so we didn't bother. The heating didn't work properly which was a bit of shame (given the baby). It was quite cool regardless of what temperature the heater was set on.
Breakfast was really nice - hot and cold buffet. Yannick, the Restaurant Supervisor, was nice. She is the only Yannick I know other than Yannick Noah! As we booked our room on the hotel's website we were given three drink vouchers and four lovely homemade cookies. This was a really nice gesture. We got a free paper each morning.
The prices dropped between booking and our stay and they adjusted them accordingly when I rang about a week before our arrival. All in all we had a great stay and I would happily return. We've stayed at a few places in Melbourne and now that we have a baby I'd definitely stay again at Clarion Suites.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel
- Clarion Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Melbourne
- Melbourne Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary High-rise Hotel situated 200 meters from aquarium & 500 meters from casino, shops & Yarra River Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Suites Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.