If staff make an hotel, then Farnham wins hands down. Everyone we met, whether local or from eastern Europe went the extra mile to make our stay memorable. The working relationship between the staff themselves was professional, friendly, calm and efficient ...and this permeated through to the guests creating an ambience of harmony and relaxation throughout the hotel.
Reception staff were smiling, happy, and eager to please and offer suggestions/advice. Rooms were clean and well furnished with comfortable beds and luxurious bedding, though I do feel that the dressing gowns provided were past their best,frayed at the edges, and in need of replacement. Shower/bathroom was clean and well equipped. Heating was excellent with no noisy A/C and was easily controlled.
Food was well above,the bar, which was the only place serving lunch was far too small with inadequate room for all who wished to eat there. Our delay was in excess of 20 minutes to get seated. The tables for two in the dining room were too small for comfort, and the toasters at the self service brealkfast were far too slow with food getting cold while waiting for the toast to brown.
Farnham Estate is a retreat awayfrom the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and we couldn't wait to escape on the 6klm nature trail. Regrettably, once past the first kilometer, we found ourselves on mud tracks which were frequently impassable due to the depth of muck and fallen trees. We were also disappointed to see huge amounts of rubbish/litter/garbage washed up on the land adjacent to the lakes...obviously the result of people dumping into the lake. There was no sign of wildlife other than a few ducks on the lake...not a blackbird, or robin, let alone a rabbit, squirrel, otter, fox or deer. I think on the two days we ventured out we were the only people who succeeded in completing the entire walk, and this was thanks to our persistence and stout walking boots. So if you are unsure of your footing or footwear, are pushing a buggy, or wearing your Carrie Bradshaws...then just go to the gym where you will be well treated in lovely surroundings. And do have a swim in the lovely indoor/outdoor heated pool.
This is an hotel to be recommended and would deserve the 5* if it hadn't been for the negatives outlined above. Let's hope these walkways are repaired and upgraded, the dressing gowns replaced and the cellar bar opened for lunch...then this hotel is as close to perfection as one can get.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan Hotel Cavan
- Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan Hotel
- Radisson Cavan
- Cavan Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Farnham Estate brings centuries of the very best of traditions - hospitality, welcome, natural beauty - and blends them with contemporary comfort and service, creating a destination unlike any other in Ireland. The moment you enter the driveway at Farnham Estate, you are greeted by acres of rolling countryside and a peaceful haven that can not fail to capture the spirit of relaxation. Located in the heart of this magnificent estate, just 3 km from Cavan town, is a world class Health Spa and the very stylish Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel. Inside and out, Farnham is a playground for the senses. From the softest fabrics to the most delicate local ingredients, every detail has been carefully chosen to create a sense of total well-being. Guests may come to Farnham to experience the Health Spa. They may arrive in search of fine cuisine and stunning wines. Or some of the most beautiful suites in Ireland. But whatever they seek at Farnham, they will leave having rediscovered a sense of peace and harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Radisson Blu Farnham Estate Hotel, Cavan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.