My sister got married at Barnabow House a few years ago and we thought it would be nice to celebrate our Dads 65th Birthday here with a lovely Sunday lunch... As we are are big family, there was almost 25 of us looking forward to a lovely afternoon together.
When we got to Barnabrow, it looked like it was closed down, very shabby buildings. We proceeded to the restaurant where there wasn't anyone at the reception bar (which looked very untidy and if I'm honest dirty) We were shown to our table but there was a sense that the owner wasn't very happy.
We were seated at 1.30 and it was after 2pm before anyone member of staff took our order.
The starters came out and the Thai fish cakes could only be described as 'rubber'.. The ''warm'' goats cheese tart was in fact freezing cold. When we asked to get the food heated or exchange this for something else on the menu, the owner didn't even apologize for it and seemed very annoyed.
The main courses arrived which I have to say the fish & chips were nice but that was about it.. The lamb came out very hot and the gravy freezing, veg & potato's came out around 20 mins after people were finished their meal!!...
After we finished the main course, we sat there for 40 mins with no one after clearing the plates or taking an order for tea/coffee/dessert! We actually started clearing the table ourselves!!
Eventually we decided to leave before we had finished our meal!
Do not try to complain, they will said: your are lying or exaggerating. Horrible experience
I am a great supporter of local businesses but this is not somewhere I would recommend to anyone.. and to top it all off the owner started showing people around the restaurant for a wedding when we were trying to eat our food! Not very professional!
- Also Known As:
- Barnabrow Country House Hotel Midleton
- Barnabrow Country House Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnabrow Country House, dating from 1639, has been lovingly and extensively restored over the past ten years. It now proudly stands as one of the most stunning wedding venues in Munster. It sprawls over 35 acres, has 22 individually-designed bedrooms and a large medieval-style banqueting hall that seats 150 guests as well as some traditional self-catering cottages. It is relaxed and friendly and offers a truly different ambiance for celebrations that are bespoke and exclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Barnabrow Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.