Juat arrived home after two nights (2-4 March 2012)
Arrived to a tired looking reception staff member who asked if I had been before...When I replied no she ran very quickly through the fact I had to pay £30 (some you got back) for sheets and £5 for electricity..my fault maybe that I didnt know this but never remember it being on line, advising me this is what I had to do??
Then ahe told me to have a nice stay!! Shell shocked, I stood there for a minutes and then went back to speak to another memeber of staff...She was lovely, took pitty on me and my daughter and gave us some sheets for free!
Apartment was clean, no problems there but the whole place seems shabby, run down and unkempt...bit of a joke really when you consider how much money this place must make...cost me near enough a small holiday to Spain over the two days as prices are extortionate in the shops, and the one shabby 'restaurant' and fish and chip bar.
Had prepaid for three vouchers for the activities, some of which she was too small to use and some were simply closed..but dispite it all she enjoyed her stay and so thats all that counts to me...but never again will I visit this place - should be value for money, but I'm affraid it's not!
- Also Known As:
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel
- Pontins Southport Holiday Park Hotel Southport
- Pontins Hotel Southport
- Pontins Resort Southport
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New pontins was born in 2011 following the purchase by Britannia Hotels.Our Managers and Staff are proud to work at Pontins and proud of our recent improvements. All rooms have been refurbished and refurnished and provide a comfortable base for your holiday. We have greatly increased our facilities on Park with loads of free stuff and some activities with a small charge. New this year is our state of the art games room featuring XBOX and PS3 consoles and high speed PC's to satisfy all the gamers amongst you.We have also improved our food service with great value meals in the restaurant at £5 for a 3 course meal and only £3.95 for our famous eat as much as you want breakfast.Then of course we have 3 bars and entertainment venues hosted by our world famous Bluecoats providing everything from bingo to exceptional visiting cabarets including finalists from the X Factor and Britains Got Talent.Plus there is so much to see and do in the surrounding area and we feel that Southport Pontins is a great choice of venue for a great value and entertaining holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Pontins Southport Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.