Most places in Barbados feel a little bit tired and this hotel was no different. But it was still lovely and gave us everything that we expected, had hoped for and had paid for. Our room, 233 (see observation by another reviewer lower) was pleasantly decorated and was medium sized room. We had been upgraded to this room for free and found the view stunning; right on the sea front. No noise from beach or Daphne's (see other review). Breakfast was OK. Not a lot of choice but what there was was good. Lunch was good but, once again a little limited. Dinner was very good and whilst expensive, better value than Daphne's by a mile. Beach very pleasant with plenty to do. Take the water taxi to the Colony Club for lunch if you feel like a change of scene. Staff delightful. Particular praise for Antonia, the customer relations manager, who is terrific.
We would not come again because of the kite which is flown from across the road most days deliberately to irritate guests and sits right above the beach about 50m up. It makes a noise like a lawn mower that is cutting the grass in next door's garden. It spoilt several days when the wind was straight offshore. Neither the hotel nor the police seem to be able to stop him. He has been doing it for many many years. On this basis, and no other, we will not return.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Paynes Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redesigned and reimagined, Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sandy beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features renovated and modernized guestrooms, the addition of an intimate spa and relaxation space and two completely re-imagined restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor ‘living rooms’ providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Otel, Regatta Hotels and Tingo so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.