After having stayed at Kempinski and Swissotel, I stayed at the Richemond twice in the past 2 weeks and had two different types of rooms - Junior Suite and Superior Room. I was happy to be upgraded to the Junior Suite on my first trip, it's really huge with a walk-in closet, little living room, and a very big and spacious bathroom. The view from the room was amazing, directly to the English Garden and the lake behind it. On my second trip, I was not upgraded so received the booked superior room. I was a bit worried I might be dissapointed but that was not the case. Even the "normal" superior room is very spacious, its bathroom too. Only there was no view at all but I didn't mind.
Service was always good and very friendly.
The only negative point are the prices for items of the mini-bar and room service. CHF 9 (USD 10, EUR 8) for a soda pop seems a bit steep, and if I buy a steak hamburger meal for around CHF 50 (USD 60, EUR 40), I expect it should at least not leave me hungry, which it did. The quality was very nice, though.
Something that I would not mention as negative but that has way for improvement: It would be convenient if the gym would not close already at 10pm but stay open at least until midnight. Quite honestly, I don't understand why hotel gyms need to close at all but this is usually the case in Swiss hotels.
All in all, very recommendable.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel
- Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection Hotel Geneva
- Le Richemond Geneva
- Le Richemond Hotel Geneva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richemond has a fascinating history and has hosted many distinguished guests since it opened in 1875 as Geneva’s palace and to this day this glamorous, five-star establishment welcomes guests ‘in-the-know’. Le Richemond personifies the refined sophistication of modern, contemporary luxury and provides guests with unrivaled comfort and panoramic views of Lake Geneva, Jet d’Eau, Mont Blanc, Saleve mountains and Old Town. The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the financial district and key shopping areas such as Rue du Rhône and Rive in addition to the Patek Phillipe watch museum, art museums and all key central landmarks of Geneva. Each room and suite is individually decorated and many feature antiques and contemporary artworks, creating an elegant and fashionable air. Le Jardin offers modern and innovative Italian cuisine while Le Bar is the place to meet for creative cocktail concoctions and is the place to enjoy live entertainment from Tuesday to Saturday. Le Spa offers an urban day spa retreat and state-of-the-art TechnoGym fitness centre offers a discreet sanctuary within this vibrant city. Le Richemond joined the prestigious Dorchester Collection as of 1 August 2011 and looks forward to welcoming our guests to the legendary palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Le Richemond, Geneva Dorchester Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.