Stayed 4 nights in May. The staff really makes this hotel special. We would never consider staying anywhere else for a short stay in Venice. Breakfast was very good and simple: croissants, bread, cold cuts, cheese, cereal, yogurt, fruit, and scrambled eggs and bacon. (We didn't come to Venice to eat a 10 course breakfast). Location is next to the Chiesa Pieta, (wonderful concerts by "I Virtuosi Italiani", a genune professional chamber orchestra based in Verona). It is close to San Zaccarria vaporetto stop (you have to cross 1 bridge for the #2 line and 2 bridges for the #1 line). Just one more bridge (the "Bridge of Sighs" or "Bridge of Posing") and your at St Mark's.
We took a premium room with a large terrace which was wonderful. I can't vouch for the size of other rooms, but if they are on the small size, all I can say is you don't come to Venice to hang out in your room.
Looking at other reviews on Trip Advisor, we had free in-room Wi-Fi with pass code from the front desk. I do not know if others get charged for Wi-Fi depending on the room charge, but we had it free and everyone else seemed to have it free as well.
As mentioned at the start of this review, The staff here is great! While waiting in the lobby, I observed the front desk crew (with great patience) give other guests very detailed advice on their requests for information and how to get the most from their visit in Venice. They were always available to help with any request. The breakfast room staff were cheerful and quick with a "Buon Giorno!" and a pot of coffee. This hotel is big enough to have adequate staffing and small enough to offer personal attention to each guest.
We will be back!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bisanzio Hotel Venice
- Best Western Bisanzio Hotel
- Best Western Hotel Bisanzio
- Best Western Venice
- Venice Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Venice, in a location that is extremely quiet but close to all the principal attractions of the city, the Hotel Bisanzio occupies an ancient 16th-century palazzo that was once the home and “workshop” of Alessandro Vittoria, one of the most important Venetian sculptors of the 16th century and a student of the great Jacopo Sansovino. A recent, careful restoration has allowed the Hotel Bisanzio to preserve the fascination of an ancient Venetian palazzo that is, today, equipped with every modern amenity, to ensure a relaxing stay in a structure equipped with elevator, air-conditioning, LCD TV and Wi-Fi Internet access. Ease of access is not secondary when talking about Venice, where people almost always get around on foot. The Hotel Bisanzio is perfectly located, just 150 meters from the city's main public transportation stop (San Marco - Zaccaria), where all the lines for the other areas of the city and the adjacent islands arrive and depart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Bisanzio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.