The hotel is quite close to the main square of Füssen. The main square is in 7-8 minutes walking distance from the train station and if you walk 2 minutes more, the Hotel is there. Although the hotel is small, the rooms are very big. Actually two rooms, one living room and one bedroom. Moreover, they are clean and well-furnished. Although it is not a luxury hotel, it satisfies its customers in this sense.
Buffet breakfast is served and it is sufficiently rich. A very sweet and friendly old lady serves tea, coffee etc. in the breakfast hall.
Florian, the guy in the reception desk is very friendly as well. Just ask for his help and he does his best to help you.
One great thing is that they give each guest a "guest card" which enables free use of public transport in Füssen, Schwangau and surrounding towns. So you can easily visit the royal castles, Tegelberg, Forggensee etc. for free.
One last remark, as Füssen is only a town, you can not find many places to hang around after it gets dark. So, waking up very early will enable you to spend your time optimally.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Zum Hechten Hotel
- Altstadthotel Zum Hechten füssen
- Altstadthotel Zum Hechten Hotel füssen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1001 Possibilities for you!Unique as the town Fussen is also our prestigious hotel. Behind a picturesque facade, you will find an individual, snug comfort, in our recommended restaurant. One can enjoy all the specialties that have been made known through the Alps region.Experience the beauty of the area in the middle of the Neuschwanstein countryside during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Altstadthotel Zum Hechten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.