Arrived late the first night into what seemed like the holiday from hell. Security guards couldn't speak english, the desk to their office had fake plants covered in thick dust. They gave us a key for a room on the 8th floor. Eventually having found our room we couldn't believe our eyes. Straight in the front door about 15 concrete steps leading straight into kitchen. Patio doors out of the kids tiny bedroom straight onto an 8th floor balcony. The heat was unbearable and no air conditioning. We couldn't even open the windows as the pigeons nesting outside wanted to come in. I didn't get a wink of sleep that night, with two children that sleepwalk it wasn't an option. In the morning even found an ants nest under kitchen floor tiles.
The good news is that reception did accommodate us and we were given a nice enough apartment on the second floor. Apartments are small but have everything you need. There is a good laundry on site and two large supermarkets a five minute drive away. So perfect for self catering.
The swimming pools were fantastic. A great childrens pool and another which is deep and great fun for older kids who like to dive! They are kept spotless and always a lifeguard on duty. Not impossible to get hold of a sunbed either as people don't seem to hog them with their towells for the day.
Across the road and up to the left there is a lovely beach, it gets deep fast so your kids don't have to go out far, they are just in front of you, there are also life guards here.
A great holiday with a difference, there is no entertainment. The television was only in french. The restaurants around didn't seem that nice so we cooked ourselsves, La Bocca Croc just outside entrance does lovely chips and fresh baguettes.
The hotel is good for its price, the outside areas immaculate but I would have liked to have seen alot more cleaning going on inside, the lobbies and corridors could have done with a good wash.
- Also Known As:
- Maeva Residence Cannes Verrerie Hotel Cannes
- Maeva Residence Cannes Verrerie Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Day and evening adult activities (during school holidays)On the seafront, 100 m from the lively Cannes La Bocca shopping quarter.Most apartments offer a sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Pierre & Vacances, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Cannes Verrerie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.