First, I want to say that the picture in the profile here is not correct. the building that the Murcure is in is more of a war bunker, solid concrete.
Anyways, onto my stay...I personally hate making reservations, I much prefer to scope the city out, figure our where I want to be then look around for a hotel. As it happens, I was able to do it this time around...so this says a lot for the location. Right next to the cathedral, within the midieval protion of the city and central to the action.
As for the hotel, I had never stayed at a Mercure hotel before so I had not idea what to expect. Being slightly suspicious I asked to see the room first. It might be worth mentioning that I was there with my wife and two young children, so we needed somthing roomy, which it was. I also suspect that because I wanted to see the room first, that they gave me the best room available (#329 if you're wondering) and it was, perched over the street and a straight view to the cathedral. The room was equipped with a King bed, and a sofa that converted into a single bed, they also brought up a crib for my son.
The room was a little dated/worn/basic (as can be expected in Europe), but it worked beautifully for our needs. It was a great base to explore Rouen, which was charming and nice in itself.
Parking was 13 Euro, which was a good deal! And in-room wireless internet was free.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale Hotel Rouen
- Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale Hotel
- Accor Rouen Centre Cathedrale
- Mercure Rouen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of Rouen, at the foot of one of the most beautiful cathedrals in France, the Mercure Rouen Centre is an ideal hotel for exploring the attractions of this medieval city including the Old Market Square and the Gros Horloge clock tower.The hotel features 125 soundproof, airconditioned rooms, including 4 suites, WiFi in all areas, bar, room service and meeting facilities. Ideal location, not far from the station, in the peaceful pedestrian area of Rouen. Private pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.