I have been to many hostels in my travelling days and this is by far one of the best. Besides the friendly staff, there was a lot to do in this hostel if you were looking for a relaxed way to meet people: a movie room, a bar area, a quiet room. The free breakfast was beyond what I expected for a hostel with more than enough to keep you happy until lunch. If you do not mind that the showers were not spotless, for which you can just strap on a pair of flip flops, then you will have a great stay. It's also in a nice location at the edge of the new town and a short walk (15 minutes) to the castle.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Backpackers Hotel
- Caledonian Backpackers Hotel Edinburgh
- Caledonian Backpackers Edinburgh, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpackers hostel with shared dormitory accommodation located in the city center of Edinburgh. Our common areas are designed to provide everything you need, with a late, cheap bar with pool tables, a cinema, free internet computers, including free laptop use, free wifi and a kitchen so you can cook, as well as heaps of couches, board games and a generally great vibe. Our rooms are basic dormitory rooms with shared facilities, lockers for each bed (you need a padlock), clean linen and key card door access. We have a 24 hour reception, our included breakfast is served from 6am to 12pm, and checkout time is at 12 too. Our reception will provide any information you need about the city, as well as tour advice and will even organise highland tours for you. Edinburgh is a beautiful city, and we hope you enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Caledonian Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.