I stayed here for 1 week while visiting London with my boyfriend. We picked this hotel for the price as it was much more reasonable than staying in central London. It seemed like a nice area and it took less than 5 minutes to walk to the underground stop for the Jubilee line and the DLR. It took about 15-20 minutes on the Jubilee line to get into central London which was no problem.
The hotel itself was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The continental breakfast was perfect for us, and they had a bar open until 2am if we fancied a drink at night instead of going out to central London. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was just a few minor things which would make us re-consider staying at this hotel again.
1. We had difficulty flushing the toilet, sometimes it would flush instantly other times you had to push the handle about 15 times to get it to flush, quite annoying. 2. The wifi was quite expensive, 12 pounds for 24 hours. 3. Even to make a local phone call I had to put a 10 pound deposit down and even then I was still unable to make outside phone calls and nothing was done to fix the problem. 4. We got woken up at 6am the day we left with a wake-up call intended for the room next door. 5. It did get a bit noisy in the mornings as you could hear everything going on in the hallway, annoying when we were trying to sleep in. There was some type of school group of teenagers there over the weekend and they were really loud.
I would stay in this hotel again but it would not be my first choice.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands Hotel London
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express London-Royal Docks/Docklands Hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of London's dynamic Docklands area and is only minutes away from Canary Wharf and the Excel Exhibition Centre. London City Airport is only 2km away and Canning Town Tube and Bus Station is within few minutes walk. The O2 Arena is also a short distance away (only one tube stop). The Holiday Inn Express London-Royal Docks/Docklands Hotel has 136 fully air conditioned en-suite bedrooms. This London hotel has spacious family rooms. All rooms have High Speed and Wireless Internet facilities (chargeable).Visitors to the World Travel Market, International Boat Show, Toy Fair, London Wine Festival and Anthony Robins Exhibitions will all find the hotel ideally situated. Meeting and Conference rooms are spacious with natural daylight, convenient for local business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Royal Docks - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.