The idea was to find some nice hotel for a romantic weekend in London, and then The Langham suddenly caught my eye. My partner made a joke of it, seeing that everything in the room was printed on pink paper, wondering if that was the reason why I had chosen it among many others =) In fact, no, I didn't know about the brand colour of the hotel, but it didn't make it less charming. My first impression of the room was: 'It's awesome! Everything's so cute! So thoughtfully done!' My partner who is not as easily ipressed was of the same opinion, though.
The service was great from the first moment I arrived at the door - a doorman collected my suitcase, showed me into the hotel, then at the reception I found a most attentive and warm welcome, and the receptionist even accompanied me to the room to give a brief tour aroun it, showing how the equipment worked, which switcher was for what, etc. When I was finally alone in the room I discovered a hundred and one little charming details, like the full set of glasses (juice, champagne, wine), an iron and an iron board, a set of electric plugs for all kinds of standards (American, European, British), which was really helpful. A tea and coffee maker, a set of tea bags, instant coffee, whole milk tabs...
In the morning they brought us a newspaper, in the evening the room was arranged for the night, with complimentary bottles of still water and hotel slippers on both sides of the bed. I have no idea how many times a day they do the cleaning, but the cleanliness of the room was just impecable.
The bed was extremely comfortable, and we most appreciated that it was easy to adjust the temperature - the heating system worked really well.
If asked where is the best place to stay in London, after we've tried other great hotels in the city, I'd now say, 'The Langham!'
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, London Hotel London
- The Langham, London Hotel
- The Langham London
- Langham Hotel London
- The Langham, London
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Langham, London located in the heart of London's West End, a short walk from Oxford circus, has been delighting guests with enchanting hospitality since opening as Europe’s first Grand Hotel in 1865. Following an £80m transformation the hotel will charm you from the moment you step inside her dazzling new lobby. Complimentary to hotel guests, enjoy use of Chuan Spa Fitness Club featuring a state-of-the-art gymnasium and a 16 meter swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Splendia, Amex, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , LHW, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Langham, London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.