Where do i start the entire stay was a disaster from start to finish.I booked the edwardian on there website about 7 weeks before our stay .After a 5 hour trip to blackpool with my family we arrived at the hotel to be told very abruptly they had no knowledge of my booking .After several minutes of trying to explain to the man behind the desk i had paid my deposit and was booked in a very rude manager appeared asking me what MY problem was.I was then told to go away and sit in the bar area while they sorted it out, 45 mins later i went back up to the reception desk to ask what was happening and was asked straight away without a word of apology for the remainder of the balance the exact words were YOU OWE ME £88.00 i was appauled . It was very clear to me as soon as we entered our room that the room had not been cleaned after the departure of the previous guests only the beds had been changed NOTHING ELSE . The room we were given was C9 which was surposed to be a family seaview you could not swing a cat in it yet it was advertised as a spacious good sized family room.Lets start in the bathroom on arrival the toilet pan in our room was full of poo all over the inside and down the outside of the toilet you will see if you look at my photos utterly discusting the wash hand basin and shower was also covered in mould .The bedroom curtains had dried in blood all over the bottom of them and there was also dried in poo on the bedroom carpet and half eaten food in the drawers how bad is that .What made me really laugh was the sign on the balcony door that read dont throw your cigarette ends over the balcony yet when a ventured out on to it the floor was covered in fag ends .We went down to dinner first night at 5pm there is no come and go with times it must be 5pm or nothing at all i didnt expect it to be jamies italian but for £90.00 a night i expected it to be edable . We were served watery packet soup ,then tinned potatoes with wafer thin beef frozen boil in the bag carrots and a yorkshire pudding that looked like it had been through a 90 degree wash and full spin and what resembled a roast potato that you would need a steak knife to cut through. It is making me sick even thinking about it again needless to say even though we had paid for it we never went down to dinner on our second night we had a lovely meal at the grill in the winter gardens instead. Back to our first night after coming back from dinner we all wanted a shower before going out for the evening but there were no towels in our room . I went down to reception to ask if towels could be sent up to our room and was told no as the tumble dryer was broke lol. On going to bed the first night we realized there was no heating in the room and the balcony door did not shut right which meant there was a gail force wind straight from the irish sea blowing straight into our bed we never slept a wink both nights.We went to the shop next morning and bought pegs and pegged sheets round the balcony door to act as a secondary curtain .And we were not the only ones complaining the poor man next door was in bad pain with his arthritis because the rooms were so cold during the night.There was also no hot water whatsoever so we were unable to have a wash for 2 days .When myself and many others complained it fell on deaf ears .This hotel needs to be highlighted to hotel inspectors they have a cheek taking peoples hard eared money for the level of service they provide .The reception staff are extremely rude and uninterested in anything to do with guest except from taking there money .They need to train there staff in customer service and invest some money in the hotel as it is extremely run down and dirty .The also need to look at the quality of their menu and food i would not serve that muck to my dogs. On visiting the hotel i was not looking for 5 star service for £90.00 a night but things i expect from any hotel are cleanliness ,heating ,hot water, towels, good customer service, and food that you can eat . I could go on for ever about this hotel please, please ,please take my advice DO NOT give this place your money it will spoil your time in Blackpool the way it did for my family . I have stayed all over Blackpool over the years and have never experienced anything this bad.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC