We have been coming to the Radium Resort every year for 7+ years now. The hotel is in major need of an upgrade. They do upkeep, such as painting and other cosmetic repairs. The decor, cabinets, fixtures, furniture (except the leather couch), and bathrooms need a serious overhaul. The wallpaper is circa 1982, I'm guessing, and paint only goes so far when trying to maintain a nice environment. When you're spending a bit of money, you'd like to see the hotel being upgraded.
I would like to say that the hotel is clean, but after finding a mouse turd on my towel that I had used the previous day, I'm not happy about that either. They weren't suprised when I told them (I actually walked to the lobby with the towel/mouse turd in hand). They told me to throw the towel in the dirty clothes and they would have house keeping change our towels and bedding. The carpet looks relatively new, but is still "gross" as I find most hotel carpet to be. The updated duvets are nice. The house keepers did not clean or check the patio as there were beer bottles, coffee cups, and cigarettes on our balcony.
Their water system is ancient and my poor little girl was screaming in the shower when someone flushed the toilet elsewhere in the hotel and her shower became increasingly (out of control) hot. our bathroom sink did not have cold water. It was either hot or scalding hot.
The food is fairly good. We did not use the pool as we went to the hot springs. Their hot tub has been closed for the past 2 visits (more than 12+ months now).
Because of the money we invest, we will not be returning to this "resort" until they upgrade their rooms.
oh. and the golf course is beautiful.......
- Also Known As:
- Radium Hotel Radium Hot Springs
- Radium Hot Springs Resort
- Radium Resort Hot Springs
- Radium Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radium Resort can accommodate over 500 guests in comfortably appointed Premier Rooms, Executive Suites, Loft Units and Condominium/Villa Units, all overlooking the recently renovated Resort Course. Features include two 18 hole golf courses, The Springs & The Resort Course, indoor pool, hot tub, fitness centre, racquetball & squash, children's playground, restaurant, patio & lounge, wedding, conference & meeting facilities, and Rising Sun Massage & Spa. Complimentary hot breakfast, wi-fi and parking are included for all hotel guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Radium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.