Stayed in the newly updated Pointe building on the 2nd floor in April. With the updates, the rooms were on par if not better than the Beach building where I stayed last year considering the newness of the room and the easy access to the spa, restaurant, etc. What's more the views from the Pointe were perhaps more majestic, and the surge channel heightened the sound of the ocean at night. The room was so inviting that we spent a great deal of time reading both inside by the fireplace and on the balcony. Though such small details, the Hudson Bay blankets and the candlelight turn down are perhaps my 2 favourite amenities. The first morning of our visit we took part in a yoga session through the spa. The instructor was very congenial and gracious with the different ability levels of the guests. Yoga with the backdrop of the ocean was the ideal way to start to the day and really set the tone. The day ended just as well as it began, eating freshly shucked oysters at sunset on Chesterman Beach. Can you believe the Concierge there can arrange that for you? Every West Coast city dweller should treat themselves to an annual escape to the paradise of Tofino & more specifically the Wickaninnish Inn.
- Also Known As:
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel Tofino
- Wickaninnish Inn And The Pointe Restaurant Hotel
- The Wickaninnish Hotel And Pointe
- Wickaninnish Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wickaninnish Inn, a Relais & Chateaux property since 1997, overlooks the Pacific Ocean from a rocky point on Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast, near the eclectic town of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park. Two contemporary cedar buildings, set against a backdrop of ancient rainforest, boast an extensive local art collection (complemented by the neighbouring wood carving shed), and all rooms and suites offer ocean or beach views, gas fireplace, soaker tub and individual balcony. Uncompromising service, including a Clefs d’Or Concierge team, is a standard. The sole resort on Chesterman Beach, Tofino’s longest at 2.5km/1.5mi, the Inn is home to refined West Coast cuisine at The Pointe Restaurant and naturally-inspired treatments at its intimate Ancient Cedars Spa. Tofino’s McDiarmid family welcomes you to this locally owned, world renowned sanctuary offering Rustic Elegance on Nature’s Edge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.