While staying in Tulum in January we had one extra night to spend before our flight home and decided to book into La Zebra, based on its location on the beach. We typically stay at NV on the beach at Tulum, but they were fully booked. Glad we chose La Zebra, for a number of reasons.
Firstly, though our room was not directly on the beach it exceeded our expectations for Tulum; from the size, decor, supplies available in the bathroom and even the small bottle of tequila in the room. We were close enough to get to the beach with ease and felt our room was an upgrade from beachfront penthouse we had vacated the day before.
Secondly we had such an exceptional experience with the staff being so kind and ensuring our stay was special. Knowing we would be at La Zebra we popped into the bar the night before, to just look around. We got chatting with Lina, who runs the restaurant. She was very pleasant and kindly offered to make us a special vegetarian meal the following evening for dinner, the night of the salsa party at La Zebra. She also had the staff allow my wife to use the sugarcane pressing machine at the bar while staff made us a cocktail.
The meal was truly fantastic (huitlacoche empanadas), the salsa party was like being the staff-quarters in the movie “Dirty Dancing” (my wife’s comment, as the place was packed with exceptional dancers having a great time).
La Zebra packs a real punch in its price range for Tulum, clearly not the least pricey (far from the highest I may add), but provides a raft of nice extra touches, while delivering a great level of comfort and security. I’d go back tomorrow if I could and I have stayed in quite a few places in Tulum.
Finally, thank you Lina, we hope to return.
- Also Known As:
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel Tulum
- La Zebra Hotel, Tulum Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Hotel
- La Zebra Beach Cabanas Resort
- La Zebra Tulum
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly on the beach in a historic former coconut plantation, the family-run La Zebra offers a vibrant and rustic destination among Tulum hotels, where authentic Mexican culture and cuisine infuse every facet of your stay. Escape to an intimate Tulum Mexico hotel best described as stylish and jungle-chic, with thatched roofs and colorful hammocks, coco palms swaying in the breeze, and warm Caribbean waters lapping at the shore just a few sandy steps away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your La Zebra Hotel, Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.