I just concluded my first ever winter holiday on the island of Cozumel, and am happy to say that my experience at Presidente InterContinental was memorable, for all the right reasons. I stayed in room 3104, with my brother and his family staying in the adjoining unit. The room was very clean, and well maintained. We initially had an issue with the key cards not unlocking the room doors, but the problem was quickly and courteously solved by the front desk staff.
The atmosphere of the resort was peaceful and serene from my poolside room, and the staff went to great lengths to make our stay comfortable. Fresh hibiscus blooms adorned the room with each visit from housekeeping, and they skillfully fashioned towels and wash cloths into various sea and land creatures to decorate the room - a nice touch! The bed was very comfortable, and the linens always fresh. The marble floors in the rooms felt good under my feet after coming in from the day's scorching temperatures.
The restaurant food was great, and I would personally recommend the Coconut Shrimp to anyone who appreciates great seafood dishes. Even if you find yourself too stuffed from the main course to order dessert, the staff will often serve a tray of complimentary sweets as a courtesy.
The resort is well landscaped, and the groundskeepers rake the sand each morning to keep the beach looking like is was made just for you. Coconuts that hang in great clusters from the numerous palm trees are harvested regularly to avoid the possibility of them falling and injuring a guest, and are used in many of the restaurant's tasty entrees. After nightfall, the grounds of the resort are a feast for the eyes, with colored lights highlighting winding pathways beneath island plants, and candle lanterns glowing within the lobby hallways.
Staff are always happy to please, always offering their assistance and a friendly Mayan greeting (malob kin) when they see guests passing by.
I would highly recommend Presidente InterContinental to anyone wishing to have fond memories of the island treasure of Cozumel.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.