We booked this resort (note I didn't use the word hotel because this is not really a hotel), literally 6 hours before our flight. We ended up getting the sunshine package which consisted in a 1 bedroom suite with a "queen bed" (which was more like a full) and ocean view (not ocean front, pay attention as the 2 are different, with ocean view you slightly see the ocean on an angle, with ocean front, your window opens on the ocean, we didn't know that), pick up and drop off to the airport and 1 trip to the nearest supermarket (all included in the offer) + 3 free breakfasts (which I found weird because we were staying for 5 days ...)
Let's say that they start the wrong way as they *forgot* to pick us up from the airport so we had to spend another $10 to call them and remind them .... they admitted they *forgot about us* and they told us to take a cab and they would have reimbursed us (and so they did). We were hoping for an upgrade for the inconvenience, but that didn't happen.
The "lobby" is pretty much non-existent, it's just a small, low key room. They claim they are available 24 hours, but they lock the door I believe after 10 PM, I think you can ring to get in though.
The room was very clean and roomy. Big round table in the living room, with couch and flat screen TV with US channels.
The bedroom was a little small and so was the bed (especially because we are used to a king sized bed).
There was a bathroom with bathtub + shower in the master bathroom, plus there was an extra toilet room (not shower) in the hallway, when you get in) - so the room has 2 toilet rooms, which I liked. They do give you shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, nothing that great though and they don't give you extra.
Room service put flowers on our living room table, on the bed and in the bathroom, which was very cute and thoughtful.
The room had also a fully equipped kitchen with oven, microwave, blender, coffee maker, full size fridge, dishwasher, ceramic plates, wine glasses, soft drink glasses, cutlery, sharp knives, paper towels, pepper shaker (didn't see salt) and more.
Remember though, this is the 1 bedroom, the studio, on the other hand has only a small kitchenette.
This is a great deal if you don't want to eat out every day. This is not really a hotel, they do come and clean once/day, and they pass in the evening to see if you need extra towels, but that's about ti about hotel services.
The first time we went to redeem our *free* breakfast, they let us know that it included pastries, coffee or tea + orange juice, sure enough they didn't have the pastries, but they offered us bagel with cream cheese or butter or toasts. Same thing happened the next 2 times we redeemed our breakfasts.
The café of the Resort (Mango Reef) was not that great, we refused to eat there although there were always people having snacks, lunch or dinner there. We never tried the resort restaurant (don't remember the name).
We were offered (as promised) a trip to the supermarket. I never thought I would have ever found a supermarket more expensive than the ones in Manhattan but this one beat it all the way.
Food is T&C is extremely expensive as everything is imported. Good thing we had brought most of our food from home.
After all though, this place is nice, it has a very large pool (compared to other hotels) too bad the water is pretty cold.
This is a great, *more* affordable option that other hotels in the same area, all hotels share the same exact beach so it doesn't really matter if you go to the Gansevoort or The Alexandra, as the beach is exactly the same one (you can walk to all the hotels, the Gansevoort is about 25/30 mins walk from the Alexandra, and the Seven stars is about the same distance to the opposite side of the Alexandra.
After all I am grateful we went to Turks and Caicos as I had heard so many nice things about this beautiful island. It is beautiful indeed and the water is this turquoise color and the sand is so soft and white.
February is a good time to go. It drizzled a little but never lasted more than a few minutes. Weather was warm, got cloudy in the afternoon around 4.
Evenings were chilly, so if you are always cold bring a shawl or a light sweater to wear at night.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Hotel
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; luxurious accommodations, warm friendly service, amazing oceanfront dining and a bevy of exciting activities. Understated luxury with a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, international cuisine with island flair and so much more await you at this magnificent Turks and Caicos resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.