We stayed here for 10 days. Everything was fine until after the check-out.
We checked out at 12 and were to leave the hotel at 2 p.m. At 1:45 I found out that my cell phone was missing. I left it in the room which by that time had already been cleaned and CLEANED OUT by the maid YUMI. When I rushed up to talk to her she pretended not to understand Enlish. Then my friend went there to check the room once again. This time YUMI spoke fairly good English.
At the reception and service desk they tried to assure me that the staff is reliable and never dare to steal from tourists. Well, I can hardly believe it. It cannot be true in the country where even at the airport check-in desk you get a good seat next to your partner ONLY if you pay.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Solymar
- Barcelo Hotel Solymar
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero
- Barcelo Hotel Varadero
- Barcelo Solymar Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Hotel Cuba
- Barcelo Solymar Beach Resort
- Barcelo Solymar Varadero Cuba
- Barcelo Sol y Mar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Barceló Solymar***** stands on right on the sea front of the top spot of Varadero beach, Cuba's best-known tourist destination.With a privileged setting just a few metres from the city centre, this exclusive resort, surrounded by beautiful gardens, offers a wide variety of services characterised by the excellent Barceló All-Inclusive programme.Highly recommended for families, couples and those who enjoy diving and water activities in general.Guests at the Barceló Solymar and Barceló Arenas Blancas hotels can enjoy the facilities at either hotel. ... more less