After a 15 minute bus ride, we arrived at the Riu and were greated with smiles, beverages, a simple check in, had ready rooms and then went straight to the Buffet.
OMG- heaven. Usually Buffets are stale leftovers. Not here. Fresh, tasty and wonderful variety. The Buffet was so good we didn't bother to eat anywhere else. There were 7 of us and we all loved it.
After a quick bite we went to the beach. Not much for waves (which we love) but clean, turquoise water. great for snorkling, scuba diving, banana boat rides, everything is here. The only negative is running downstairs early in the morning to get a chair at the pool or beach. Not a big deal, it gets you out of bed and walking the boardwalk in the morning more than makes up for it. It also helps with the calories that will be consumed.
The staff, shows, location, A-Z hands down. It was great. The pool was wonderful, great for families and couples.
Only challenge is for people with strollers or requiring wheelchairs. The ramp to the lobby is uphill which can be challenging.
The view, WOW, the white sand - so smooth, the nightlife, wonderfully exciting.
You can't go wrong unless your looking for a couples only resort. Only negative, the beds were rock hard. The ceramic floor was softer. Then, the day before we leave, we find out that you can request bed toppers. Definately request a bed topper and have a fabulous vacation. You will never regret this. Have a blast!!
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Riu Palace Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Hotel
- Riu Aruba
- Riu Palace Aruba Resort
- Hotel Riu Palace Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- > * Opened: summer 2007> * Situated in Palm Beach on the island of Aruba> * Two 10-story buildings, one 8-story building> * Located on the beach> * Complimentary sun loungers and parasols on the beach> * 4 km / 2.48 miles from Oranjestad> * 700 m / 2296.7 ft. from various shops> * 10 km / 6.21 miles from the airport> * Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Otel, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.