We just returned from 5 nights at the Raddison. We stayed in 2 marina suites with my 2 21 year olds and my 8 year old. The property is perfect. Lovely grounds, amazing pool over looking the mountains and almost private beach.I want to give a shout out to Alain, Claudette(concierge) Sunshine, Richard and the water aqua instructor. They tried in everyway to make our vacation perfect. They had actually become friends of our family. It was low season and nothing was going on as promised on the web site so plan accordingly. This is beautiful for relaxation and beach and pool. My kids loved when we hit the hill and knew we were entering the Raddison grounds.
You have to rent a car to make your vacation wonderful. The restaurants on property and the bars on the beach are not worth it. They rip off the Americans with the euro -dollar exchange rate. There is no bank regulation so beware.
In Grand Case which is just a 10 minute car ride have wonderful restaurants and will do the 1-1 exchange. Although we had a wonderful meal at La Villa they ripped us off for an extra bottle of water. When I brought the error to the owners attention he was very rude and insisted that we had 3 bottles when we only had 2. For an extra 7 euros he ruined out meal and what would have been a wonderful tip for his staff.
Loveed Orient Beach Cote de Plage. WOnderful night of dancing and eating. about a 10 minute car ride.
The areas that you drive though leave alot to be desired. We traveled to the Mojo Area one night. We were originally going to stay at the Sonesta Majo but glad we changed. Much More going on there but it lacks the class of the French SIde. It all depends what you want to do. The Cab ride from Majo to the raddison could be as much as $7o after Midnight. Crazy so you may want to split your trip. It takes about 30-40 minutes by car and some of the areas are very questionalble.. Make sure you order a GPS with you rental car.
WE rented from Thrifty and were treated very badly. The Trip Advisor reviews are correct so stay away. We should have but we needed a renatal company that would allow a 21 year old to drive.
Don't fear the mountain. If you ever have gone skiing on the east coast or traveled the Pacific Coast Highyway you will be more than fine.
I hope this helps.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina And Spa St. Martin
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel
- Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin Hotel Anse Marcel
- Radisson Anse Marcel
- Anse Marcel Radisson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the secluded cove of Anse Marcel’s National Nature Reserve, the AAA Four Diamond Radisson Blu Resort, Marina and Spa St. Martin sits upon a pristine stretch of white sand beach, cradled by the Caribbean Sea. The grounds feature one of the largest zero entry infinity pools in the Caribbean. The resort’s literal and metaphorical "off the beaten path" locale appeals to travelers seeking quiet and refined, unpretentious Caribbean charm and an unhurried pace. Eighteen lush and spacious acres afford guests a sense of vacationing in their own French-influenced island retreat – private enough so nearby diversions of world-class dining, chic boutique shopping and multicultural exploration are always an option, but never an intrusion. Designed with Euro-chic furnishings the resort features 189 well-appointed guest rooms and 63 suites including the 3 bedroom 2 story Anse Marcel Suite. Our guest enrichment program offers a variety of sport and cultural activities. Our convenient on site Marina is the launching point for many aquatic adventures. Dining is a pleasure in C Le Restaurant its beachfront setting and varied menu sure to delight for Lunch or Dinner. Breakfast and dinner brings you a taste of France at our market style Brasserie - Le Marche. New for 2013 Le Beach Bar offering casual eats and a full by the beach and pool. The lobby bar's offering of regional rums and small plates is perfect for happy hour. Only 25 minutes from Princess Julianna International Airport (SXM) in St Maarten or 20 minutes via water taxi, which can be arranged by the resort, the Radisson Blu is the choice when visiting St Martin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Priceline, Venere, Otel, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa St. Martin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.