Barely any wildlife to see. Guide hardly spoke and was not friendly or enthusiastic. We kept hearing that another lodge had a lot more wildlife. The service and food in the lodge was very good, but a very long way to go and a lot of money for not very much wildlife.
- Also Known As:
- Heath River Wildlife Hotel
- Heath River Wildlife Hotel Tambopata National Reserve
- Heath River Wildlife Center Peru/Tambopata National Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Heath River marks the remote Amazon-region border between Peru and Bolivia. Bordering two radically different ecosystems of rainforest and lowland savannah.Heath River Wildlife Center is the only eco-lodge on this river. And it offers the world's only large macaw clay lick reachable in half a day from a jetport with daily connections to the outside world. ... more less