The property is very well maintained and the service is excellent. It is difficult to find a hotel that is comfortable and historically meaningful. The only other place where we have stayed where we were comfortable and enjoyed the history of a property was at Dwarika's in Kathmandu. The rooms are comfortable, many of the fixtures are original and the... More
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Surabaya
- Surabaya Mandarin Oriental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Majapahit is a historic luxury hotel in Surabaya, Indonesia. The hotel was founded in 1910 as Hotel Oranje by Lucas Martin Sarkies. During the Japanese occupation of Indonesia the hotel name was changed to Yamato Hotel. Mantrust Holdings Co. became the new owner in 1969 and it was named after the most enduring kingdom of ancient Indonesia. In 1993 it was formerly operated by the Mandarin Oriental group. PT. Sekman Wisata took over the hotel and changed the name to HOTEL MAJAPAHIT in 2006. Located on Jalan Tunjungan in Indonesia's largest city and capital to East Java, the hotel is located in the centre of Surabaya, close to businesses, government offices and the largest shopping district in Surabaya. HOTEL MAJAPAHIT is trully and oasis in the heart of Surabaya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Splendia, Agoda, EasyToBook, Otel, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Majapahit Surabaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.