I was in Singapore on a day business trip and stayed at the Shangrila. Pleasant and courteous staff ready to address a guest issues is always the top of my list of good hotel characteristics. The shangrila scores high on these. Rooms are spacious and room service is swift. Overall an excellent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Consistently ranked as one of the top luxury hotels in Asia and the world, Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore is where the legendary hospitality of Shangri-La first began. The hotel, which sits amid 15 acres of luxuriant gardens and greenery, is a short stroll from the main entertainment and shopping belt of Orchard Road. This luxury hotel in Singapore comprises 747 luxury guestrooms and suites in three distinctive wings: the contemporary Tower Wing, the nature-inspired Garden Wing and the exclusive Valley Wing. There are also 15 acres of landscaped gardens, which is home to numerous plant and flower species, as well as a large school of luminous red and gold Japanese Koi residing in ponds filled by tumbling waterfalls.Inspired by nature, there is a daily Tai-Chi demonstration with a Tai-Chi master and Koi feeding ceremony by a Koi Master, in the Atrium of the new Garden Wing.A wide range of recreational facilities is available at the hotel, including the newly-opened CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, 24-hour gym, a Jacuzzi, a sauna and steam room. Guests have the option of a game of tennis or having a swim in the freeform pool. There is a 3-hole golf course for putting practice.The hotel houses several dining outlets for great culinary experiences. From classical Japanese kaiseki at Nadaman to international favourites at The Line and the best of authentic Cantonese delicacies at Shang Palace, guests will enjoy excellent meals and ever-attentive service. A new dining concept, Waterfall Café, offers creative yet healthy cuisine. Guests can also relax with high tea served at The Rose Veranda which features 164 varieties of TWG teas, sip a Cheongsam, Shangri-La’s signature cocktail, in the Asian-inspired Lobby Court or savour premium wines amidst panoramic city views at BLU Bar.All guests will have access to the peaceful gardens, large free-form pool and world-class dining options. Guests will also enjoy signing privileges at the nearby Traders Hotel, Singapore and Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort on Sentosa Island. A business centre with internet and meeting room facilities is available for the convenience of the business travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, AsiaRooms, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Jetsetter, Venere, Amex, EasyToBook, Otel, Olotels, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel
- Shangri La Hotel Singapore
- Shangri La Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore