Had a wonderful stay in Castle View Guesthouse. I have stayed in many places in Durham Cithy over the last few years whilst visiting the University and this is by far the best. I always receive a friendly welcome and they are always glad to see me back. The rooms have recently been refurbished to a luxurious standard.
- Also Known As:
- Castle View Guest House Hotel Durham
- Castle View Guest House Hotel
- Castle View Guest House Durham, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17 century English Heritage Listed Building with origins going back to the 14th century - restored and decorated to the highest standards.6 en-suite rooms - 2 with views of castle and cathedral the others looking over the historic street of Crossgate - one of the medieval routes where the ancient road from England to Scotland forded the River Wear and on which the city was originally founded - this unprepossessing street predates the castle and cathedral.The house is the closest residential property of all to the town centre and is only a few minutes walk from the castle and cathedral , the historic centre , shopping streets and restaurants. This can mean that the street is sometimes lively and noisy at night usually at weekends due to the fact that we are a prestigious university city with many boisterous young people out and about. We do however have double glazing and the highest quality beds to help you have a goodnight sleep before a full English breakfast cooked fresh to order with cereals , juices , and freshly cut fruit salad. ... more less